Host an Event for Sustainability Awareness Week Oct. 22-26
Sustainability Awareness Week (SAW), October 22-26 2018, has grown to incorporate events and workshops from many organizations and businesses. Be a part of the movement to celebrate and raise awareness for the research and initiatives taking place in our own backyard.
As a means to coordinate MacEwan’s promotional material, please share your submission with the Office of Sustainability. Submissions are due September 9.
What is SAW
Sustainability Awareness Week offers students, staff, faculty and our campus community members the chance to learn something new, discover how they can get involved, explore sustainability-related issues that are relevant to them, build their sustainability skills and/or integrate sustainability into their academic journey.
Previous events have included:
- Workshops, e.g. Healthnuts Sustainability Kitchen, run by Healthnuts student group.
- Tours, e.g. Campus Sustainability Tour
- Lectures, e.g. “Ethics and Green Vegetarianism”
- Activities relating to economic, social and environmental sustainability, e.g. Electronics Recycling Blitz, Sustainability Fair (different organizations tabling in SUB), film screenings
- Urban Beekeeping Tours
- September 9 – Event submission due date (title, location, basic description, connection to sustainability). You will receive a link to fill out a brief event submission survey.
- September 28 – Send calendar to print plus website content finalized online
- October 9-19 – Promotional Outreach and Coffee and Calendars
- Week of October 15 – Event Helper training and communication with Event Helpers
- October 26 – Data collection form to be filled out by this date. Ideally, at the end of your event you will fill in your numbers for that day (directly below).
- October 29 – participant evaluation sent out
- Week of October 29 – Event host de-brief
We look forward to receiving your submission, please reach us for opportunities to collaborate!