Home » People

Message from CAFÉ’s new interim director

I’m very excited to join the team in CAFÉ for what promises to be an interesting year! Those of you who know me are aware that I’m passionate about teaching (as well as thinking about teaching, talking about teaching, doing research about teaching…), and that I’m also very committed to making MacEwan the best place it can be.

In my role as interim director, I have been asked to work with people across the university to ensure that we provide the services that you need, and focus on positioning CAFÉ as a necessary partner in your teaching career. That will mean expanding some of our more successful programs, launching new initiatives, and trimming some things that aren’t serving the core purpose of a teaching and learning centre.

To help us make decisions, I would appreciate your suggestions. We’ll solicit some formal feedback very soon, but I am always open to emails, hallway conversations, or good old-fashioned handwritten notes.

The next year will bring change, and much like any remodelling project there will be a bit of noise and disruption – and perhaps even a pause in services. Please be patient with us as we build something that we all value!

–Lynne Honey, interim director, CAFÉ