Home » Call for Nominations/Submissions

Call for presenters – Faculty Development Day 2018: Creativity

Faculty Development Day 2018 takes place on August 29. We’re looking for sessions connected to the day’s theme to complete the lineup for what promises to be a rich day of learning and inspiration.

This year’s Faculty Development Day focuses on creativity. Whether your interest lies in arts and culture, creative approaches to teaching and learning, how we can be creative in designing our careers, or creative ways in which we as a university can engage with our community, we will have a broad range of sessions from which you can choose. Our presenters will include guest speakers from outside MacEwan and faculty from all corners of our institution.

The day’s events will include keynote addresses, approximately two dozen workshops and presentations, a wine and cheese reception with live music from MacEwan faculty members, the unveiling of this year’s MacEwan Book of the Year, and a host of door prizes including an iPad, tickets to an Edmonton Oilers game, and free attendance at next year’s 34th annual National Great Teachers Seminar in the Canadian Rockies (a $1500 value).

We welcome workshop and presentation proposals that will help us to (re)consider the idea of creativity in and outside of our classrooms.

Potential topics include, but are not limited to:

• Creativity in the classroom
  • Creative uses of technology and media
  • Creative responses to mental health issues
  • Creative ways of engaging students
  • Creative collaborations
  • Creativity and the natural world
  • Creative engagement with the community

View the session proposal form here.

If you know of speakers from outside MacEwan who would be perfect for this event, please share this proposal with them and/or contact facultydevelopment@macewan.ca to let us know about them.

The deadline for proposals is June 15 and you will hear back from our committee no later than June 29.