Home » Volunteer/Donate

Support scholarships, awards and bursaries

Working in a post-secondary environment means we understand better than anyone the struggles of being a student, covering the cost of tuition and balancing rent, groceries and books.

Last year MacEwan University awarded $2.8 million to our students through various scholarships, awards and bursaries. That may sound like a lot, but a recent audit determined that funding for these programs is below totals at comparably sized institutions. I know we can do better, together.

That’s why I am reaching out to you today.

Scholarships, awards and bursaries make a huge impact in helping our students succeed. I would like to encourage our staff and faculty to join me as leaders in supporting our scholarships, awards and bursaries program.

MacEwan values being an accessible and inclusive university which means we realize the importance of having a healthy financial aid program to support our students.

I hope that you, as an employee of MacEwan, will now consider making a monthly gift to support our students. Please use the payroll deduction form, also available in the forms cabinet through myPortal.

Your donation doesn’t have to be a lot to make a difference – it’s the cumulative effect of giving on a regular basis that helps so many students.

Thank you for supporting our scholarships, awards and bursaries program.

Sincerely,

Lauren Patterson
Acting Executive Director, Alumni and Development
funddevelopment@macewan.ca