Home » Featured, People

Associate Vice-President, Students appointed

I’m pleased to announce that Dr. Lynn Wells has been appointed as MacEwan’s first Associate Vice-President, Students. This new position is an exciting development—and an important step in enhancing the student experience at MacEwan.

Lynn is currently serving as professor and special advisor to the president at First Nations University of Canada (FNUniv), a federated college of the University of Regina (U of R). Prior to this, she held several positions at the U of R, including Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies in the Faculty of Arts, Acting Dean of Arts and Associate Vice-President, Academic. Immediately prior to assuming her current role, she held the position of Vice-President, Academic at FNUniv.

Lynn’s area of specialization is contemporary British fiction. She became a member of the U of R English Department in 1999 and has teaching experience at all levels—from ENGL 100 to honours and graduate-level courses. She holds a BA, Honours and an MA from York University and a PhD from Western University.

About the position

As AVP, Students, Lynn’s responsibilities encompass student development, student life and student support. She will lead the planning, development, organization and administration of student-related policy and services in support of student success strategies.

Lynn will be responsible for contributing to the development of the university’s next round of strategic planning, advancing specific outputs and outcomes related to the student experience, and ensuring a successful flow of information to and from student-support areas and the rest of the university.

Lynn will start at MacEwan on July 1. Please join me in welcoming her to the university.

John Corlett
Provost and Vice-President, Academic