Home » Campus Services

Secure your spot at Enlightened Economy Summit – May 1

Location: Allard Hall, MacEwan University
Date: Tuesday, May 1
Time: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.

The inaugural Enlightened Economy Summit, presented by MacEwan University Social Innovation Institute, Roundhouse, Chandos Construction, and the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), will focus on inspiration and action at every level of business, government and community to create change for our next generation.

Enlightened Economy 2018 will challenge attendees to collectively innovate for a future of inclusion, accessibility and possibility.

This one-day event will feature an incredible lineup of trailblazing pioneers in business, sustainability and social innovation, including our keynote speakers:

• Joel Solomon: Joel is Co-Founder and Chair of Renewal Funds, Canada’s largest mission venture capital firm at $98m, investing in Organics and EnviroTech.
  • Daniela Papi-Thornton: Daniela’s work integrates emerging market entrepreneurial experience in Cambodia, with educational content design experience as the former Deputy Director of the University of Oxford’s Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship.

Breakout sessions include:

• Business as a Force for Good – Understanding social enterprise, social innovation, and shared value.
  • Social Procurement – Exploring procurement policy as a catalyst for social and environmental impact.
  • Responsible Investment & Finance – Considering the role of responsible, impactful investing.

Empowering the Next Generation of Leaders – Harnessing the power of the next generation to drive sustainability.

Register for Enlightened Economy 2018 or visit EnlightenedEconomy.net.