Home » Call for Nominations/Submissions

Message from the president: President’s Medal nominations

A swing-dancing accountant. An NSERC grant recipient. A basketball star with a passion for gene therapy research.

These students are in a class of their own, and they have something in common: they’re all past recipients of the President’s Medal for Academic Excellence and Student Leadership, one of the highest student honours awarded at our Convocation ceremonies. Nominations are now open for this year’s award, and I would encourage you to nominate an extraordinary student. Graduating students from any program are eligible, and anyone can submit a nomination—faculty, staff, administration, students and members of the external community.

This medal is an especially high honour because it requires multiple areas of accomplishment. President’s Medal recipients are academic achievers, student leaders and active members of their communities. They strive to make their university and the world a better place, and set high personal standards in all that they do.

If this sounds like a student you know, nominate them! Students who have given so much to our community during their time here deserve to be recognized – having this award on their resume could play a role in helping them reach their next goal, whether that’s the perfect job offer or a place in the graduate program of their choice.

As past recipient Darryl Glen (Asia Pacific Management ’13) said, “I love MacEwan and I pour a lot of time into not only my studies, but also a wide variety of extracurricular activities. I do these things because they’re rewarding in their own right, but being recognized for my efforts makes it that much better.”

I am so looking forward to seeing the nominees and selecting a winner who truly encompasses all that we’re about here at MacEwan.

Visit MacEwan.ca/StudentAwards for award criteria and nomination form.

Deborah Saucier
President