Home » Campus Services

Find your calm on campus: Book a session in a wellness suite

Life is busy. Between, work, social life and a million to-do’s, it’s easy to get overwhelmed, but you don’t have to burn out.

Adding a few minutes of intentional relaxation to your day can improve your mood, boost your energy and reduce your stress level.  That’s where MacEwan Residence comes in!

Faculty, staff and students are invited to take advantage of two Wellness Suites, located on the first floor of MacEwan Residence.

Each Wellness Suite features calming music, soft lighting, and a state-of-the-art DreamWave massage chair that provides a customized, full-body, shiatsu-based massage using the same movements physical therapists and chiropractors use.

Bookings are 30 minutes in length, with the actual massage time being 15 minutes.  Whether you want to enjoy a massage, read your favourite book, meditate, or close your eyes and take a 20-minute power nap – it’s your quiet place on campus to recharge.

Next time your afternoon energy crash is about to hit, instead of reaching for another cup of coffee, perhaps a session in the Wellness Suite is just what you need to get through the day.

Introductory offers: $7/session for non-residents; First massage FREE until the end of April

Availability: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily

Booking contact: Call 780.633.8000 or email residencefrontdesk@macewan.ca. Bookings can be made up to one month in advance.

Read the fall MacEwan News article featuring the Wellness Suites.