Home » Featured, Media News Stories

MacEwan in the news: March 20 – April 2

Faculty in the News

CTV – Cynthia Puddu, Bachelor of Physical Education, was interviewed about her research project Voices from the Streets.
CTV – Chaldeans Mensah, was interviewed about the court ruling on the Trans Mountain Pipeline.
Global TV – Chaldeans Mensah was interviewed by Global TV about the provincial deficit

Arts and Culture in the News

GigCity – City of Angels a cynical work for a young MacEwan cast
12thNight – One of the funniest musical comedies in the repertoire is onstage in MacEwan University’s new Triffo Theatre, City of Angels.

General Stories in the News

Edmonton Journal – Nearly 50 public speakers protest expropriation, traffic impacts from west LRT
Stuart Maclean, associate vice-president, Facilities, spoke to City Council of the impact the new LRT will have on MacEwan students.
CBC – City council hears from residents opposed to design of the west LRT
Metro – Walking the pipeline: Ken Ilgunas will be at MacEwan University in Edmonton on Wednesday to talk about his 3,000-kilometre journey.
CBC – Meet the American who hiked the 3,000-km path of the proposed Keystone XL Pipeline
CHED – Ken Ilgunas (Trespassing Across America) was interviewed by Ryan JespersenThis clip is not available
Global TV – Ken Ilgunas (Trespassing Across America) was interviewed by Global TVThis clip is not available
Global TV – Coverage of the Earth Hour Race between the U of A and MacEwan This clip is not available

Griffins in the News

Edmonton Journal – New arena helps propel MacEwan Griffins to consecutive hockey championships