Home » Media News Stories

MacEwan in the news: March 5 – 19

Faculty in the News

City TV – Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed about the improper language used by an Albertan NDP member to describe politicians in B.C.
Edmonton Journal – Edmonton’s three homicides so far this year well below 2017 numbers
Irfan Chaudhry, sociology, was interviewed about the homicide rate in Edmonton compared to the same time last year.
Global TV – Cynthia Puddu, Bachelor of Physical Education Transfer, was interviewed about her Voices from the Street art display project that represents life on the streets for homeless youths. This clip is not available
CTV – Cynthia Puddu, Bachelor of Physical Education Transfer, was interviewed about her Voices from the Street art display project that represents life on the streets for homeless youths. This clip is not available

General Stories in the News

Edmonton Journal – A dream to transform the High Level Bridge into an urban park and streetcar corridor that reaches from MacEwan University to Whyte Avenue is about to get its next big push. Stuart MacLean, associate vice-president, facilities, was interviewed for this feature.
CBC Radio – Irfan Chaudhry, the director of the Office of Human Rights, Diversity and Equity was interviewed about the responsibilities of his new position.
CTV Noon News – Irfan Chaudhry was interviewed about his new role as director of the Office of Human Rights, Diversity and Equity.
Grande Prairie Times – Grand Prairie mayor applauds appointment of female RCMP boss
This article mentioned that Irfan Chaudhry, director of the Office of Human Rights, Diversity and Equity will give a one-hour talk on the ‘new climate of hate’ in Grande Prairie.
Edmonton Examiner – The evolution of university application trends The article looks at application rates at MacEwan, NAIT and the U of A. MacEwan’s Theatre Arts program is featured.
CHED – Jason Garcia, SAMU, was interviewed about Pride Week activities at MacEwan. This clip is not available
CTV – Jason Garcia, SAMU, was interviewed about Pride Week activities at MacEwan. This clip is not available

Griffins in the News

Edmonton Journal – MacEwan Griffins make it back-to-back ACAC men’s championships
Red Deer Advocate- Griffins earn ACAC women’s hockey title The Griffins picked a 3-1 victory over the Queens and clinched the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference Championship
Edmonton Journal –  Griffins win ACAC Championship MacEwan produced the first podium sweep in the history of ACAC indoor track.
Edmonton Sun – MacEwan Griffins take lead over Red Deer in best-of-five ACAC women’s hockey final
Airdrie View – Ryan Zachary made an immediate impact A feature on  first-year men’s volleyball player Ryan Zachary.