Home » Professional and Personal Development, Training

Blackboard-related Fall 2015 training sessions

The Learning Systems Support Team (known as “Blackboard Support” to most) welcomes you back and wishes you all the best in the upcoming term. Our team is here to teach and support you in your use of Blackboard.

Contact: blackboard@macewan.ca | 780-633-3340 | Room 6-209K, City Centre Campus

Blackboard-related training sessions

The Learning Systems Support Team has scheduled a full slate of sessions available this term.

Blackboard Essentials

We highly recommend faculty new to Blackboard attend this session. Session description and registration information.

Blackboard Open Labs

These drop-in sessions are designed for faculty members who have previously attended either the Blackboard Learn Essentials session or who are familiar with the Learn interface. Bring your course content and any Blackboard-related questions you have and we’ll gladly answer them. Find scheduled Open Labs.

Blackboard Grade Center Express and Grading Assignments and Tests

Sessions will be available for registration in mid-September, just in time for October midterms. Session description.

NEW! Kaltura Training

The new Kaltura Blackboard building block allows both faculty members and students to add video and audio to a Blackboard course via webcam, screen recording or uploading existing content. Session description and registration information.

NEW! Blackboard Portfolios

Portfolios are used to efficiently collect and organize artifacts representative of work completed over time. Session description and registration information.

Blackboard Collaborate

Blackboard Collaborate is the web-conferencing application tool built into Blackboard. Session description and registration information.

NEW! GoSoapBox

GoSoapBox is a web-based “clicker” tool used to keep students engaged and gain real-time comprehension and insight. Session description and registration information.