Home » Employee Info, Student News

New workshop scheduling procedures for Writing and Learning Services

Writing and Learning Services provides classroom workshops to help students learn how to avoid plagiarism in written assignments and format their citations correctly using either APA or MLA documentation style, or how to develop study and time management strategies for academic success. Workshops are typically 50 to 80 minutes in length, and they are usually scheduled to take place during class time.

To request a classroom workshop for the upcoming winter term, please email your workshop request to Geneve Champoux at champouxg@macewan.ca.

If you would like your workshop to take place within the first two weeks of classes (January 5 to 16), please submit your request by noon on December 15. Requests for workshops within the first two weeks of classes will be responded to by December 17.

If you would like your workshop to take place after the second week of classes, please submit your request by noon on January 9. Requests for workshops after the second week of classes will be responded to by January 14.

When emailing workshop requests, please indicate the following:

• Preferred date(s) and time(s)
  • Location(s)
  • Approximate number of students in each class
  • Course name and number
  • Program most students are in (e.g., Accounting, Social Work, or mixed group)
  • Topic: APA, MLA or Study Skills and Time Management (Note: we can cover only one of these topics per workshop)

We will do our best to provide workshops for all instructors who would like them, but please understand that we may not be able to accommodate all workshop requests.