Home » Employee Info

Digital forms—launch of Forms Cabinet

University Services is proud to announce the launch of the new digital forms. With the support of Web Services, we have been able to launch the new Forms Cabinet sooner than the completion of the staff portal. Therefore, as of December 8, 2014 the digital forms will be available on the current staff portal (myPortal.MacEwan.ca) in Forms Cabinet.

University Services’ digital forms will affect all university employees. Some examples of forms that have been converted are the professional development (PD) forms and the travel authorization form.

Here are some important things for all employees to know with regard to digital forms:

• Always download the digital form you need from the Forms Cabinet. Forms change from time to time and the most current version will always be in the Forms Cabinet.
  • A User Guide is available in the Forms Cabinet to assist you in filling out a form and creating a digital signature.
  • The first time you fill out a form you will be required to create your digital signature (if the form requires it) if you do not already have one created.
  • You must have Adobe Reader or Adobe Pro installed on your computer in order to use a digital form.
  • If you have questions regarding the content of a form (e.g., why does this form require my SIN number?), please contact the department who owns the form. All forms have a contact email.
  • If you experience difficulties with a form not functioning properly (e.g., the form won’t submit), please contact forms@macewan.ca

We encourage all employees to use the digital forms in place of the current paper forms. The use of digital forms will decrease both the possibility of error and the risk of forgery, increase security of personal information, and allow for access and approvals while working out of office. Digital forms will also promote operational and environmental sustainability by decreasing paper use.

In three months’ time University Services will no longer be accepting paper forms.