Home » Call for Nominations/Submissions, General News

President’s Medal for Academic Excellence and Student Leadership – call for nominations

Nomination deadline: April 17, 2015

President’s Medal for Academic Excellence and Student Leadership

Do you know a graduating MacEwan University student who contributed to the betterment of both the university and student body while maintaining a high grade point average? If so, please nominate the student for the President’s Medal for Academic Excellence and Student Leadership so that the selection committee may consider deserving candidates.

The President’s Medal for Academic Excellence and Student Leadership recognizes both academic achievement and contribution to enhancing the student experience at MacEwan University. This distinguished award is presented during the fall and spring convocation ceremonies. One medal may be awarded for each of the two levels: 1) undergraduate degree and 2) certificate and diploma credentials. University convocation provides an opportunity to recognize and celebrate the academic achievements of graduates. Academia’s most prestigious awards recognize academic achievement in conjunction with other accomplishments and abilities.

Awards criteria

A successful candidate exemplifies the best qualities of a MacEwan University student by contributing to the betterment of the university in the broader community, while maintaining a high grade point average. Award recipients must demonstrate student leadership, which may be expressed through active participation in university committees, groups, organizations, extracurricular activities or active participation in community engagement activities. In addition, the recipient may also have demonstrated involvement in research, scholarly activity and creative achievements.

Recipients must demonstrate a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.3.

Help recognize a deserving student by making your nomination today! The nomination form can be found online.

Please complete the nomination form and submit to brickl@macewan.ca before April 17, 2015.