Home » Call for Nominations/Submissions, General News

Call for nominations – Distinguished Research Award

MacEwan University introduces the Dr. Sherrill Brown Distinguished Research Award. The Distinguished Research Award is granted periodically to recognize scholarly excellence of faculty whose research, scholarship or creative activity have made significant contributions to society and the scholarly community within local, national or international contexts.

To be nominated for a Distinguished Research Award, individuals:

• Must hold a continuing faculty position at MacEwan University;
  • Cannot be a member of either the Distinguished Research Award Selection Committee or Research Council in the year they are nominated.

Selection criteria:

• Nominees must have a sustained record of peer-reviewed publications, creative/artistic works or leadership in undergraduate research.
  • Nominations for new investigators with research achievements of significant impact will also be considered.
  • The following will be considered:
    • Letters of support from professional peers
    • Letter of support from nominee’s dean
    • Research dossier

Nomination process

Nominations may be made by members of MacEwan University. Nominators must complete and submit the nomination form on or before the September 10 deadline.

All nomination forms must include at least three letters of support from professional peers with a minimum of one from a recognized scholar external to the university, as well as a letter of support from the nominee’s dean.

Provided the nominee meets the criteria as outlined in Policy C6002, the director of Research Services will contact him or her to ensure that he or she wishes to accept the nomination.

If the nominee accepts the nomination, he or she will be responsible for submitting a research dossier by October 1 to the Distinguished Research Award Selection Committee via the director of Research Services. Research dossier must use the set guidelines.

For more information, please visit online.