Home » General News

MacEwan wins big at the 2011 Capital Awards

Submitted by on 2011/06/07 – 9:00 am One Comment

Following news that MacEwan’s Figures, January 2010 received the IABC Gold Quill Excellence Award, the Strategic Communications and Corporate Marketing department is proud to announce that the second edition of the annual publication has won its own award.

On June 2, IABC Edmonton hosted the 2011 Capital Awards gala. In the Ongoing Tactics category, Figures won an award of merit, alongside McRobbie Optamedia, ATB Financial and Finning Canada.

In addition to that win, MacEwan School of Business marketing manager Jana Clarke and School of Communications manager Sherrell Steele won awards of distinction for Member of the Year and Communicator of the Year, respectively.

Excellent win by PR students

Even MacEwan’s Public Relations students didn’t walk away empty-handed. Sherilyn Braun, Kristen Dougan, Bronwyn Irvine, Crystal Komanchuk and Rae Thygesen won the Award of Excellence in the student category for their social media communications plan for an Alberta C.O.P.S. competition.

In December, the students had won the competition, in which students were asked to develop the most attractive plan to increase awareness of policing careers in the province.

Congratulations to all of the winners. For more of the results, visit IABC Edmonton.

One Comment »