The Library provides an online eReserves service that makes digital reserve materials easily accessible to students on and off-campus. The Library can make digital copies of many different kinds of reserve items, including:
- Journal, magazine, and newspaper articles
- Book chapters
- Course materials such as notes and handouts
For complete instructions on how to use eReserves, please see
How to Add a Library eReserves Link to a Blackboard Learn Course
To add access to eReserves in your Blackboard Learn course, instructors have two options. Option 2 has the advantage of automatically logging users into eReserves when accessed from Blackboard Learn.
Option 1: Create a Web Link to eReserves in a content area
- Access a content area in your course.
- From the “Build Content” menu, choose “Web Link”.
- Type a name for the link (e.g. “eReserves” )
- Type the url to access eReserves: https://ereserves.macewan.ca
- Click Submit
Upon clicking this link in the course, both faculty and students will then need to log in using their MacEwan credentials to access eReserves.
Option 2: Add the Ares Course Reserves tool to a content area
This option has the advantage of automatically logging users in when accessing eReserves.
Step 1: Make the “Ares Course Reserves” tool available in the content area(s) of your course.
- Under the Course Management Menu, click Customization, then select Tool Availability.
- Click the check box beside “Ares Course Reserves”
- Click Submit.
Step 2: Add an eReserves link to a content area of your course
- Access a content area in your course
- From the Tools menu, click “More Tools” and then click “Ares Course Reserves”
- Type a name for the link (e.g. “eReserves” ) or accept the default.
- Click Submit. The link to eReserves will appear in your content area with the name you provided in step 2.